Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Not-So-Distant Shore Shrouded in Fog



So much seemed clearer...not so very long ago.

Work

Calling

Relationships

Family

Friends

Love


But that's no longer the case...

The shoreiine that once seemed firm and well defined
has eroded; washed away by an undertow
I did not see coming.

With it came an uncertainty,
a lack of clarity in most everything...I think.
And this fog has crept inland,
swallowing what lies just beyond...what once was seen.

Angry inside, disappointed with so many aspects of life
Aiming angst at those who are closest.

Tired...but cannot sleep
Sinking in expectations...never was very good at swimming.
Disabled by mountains of the undone.

Anxious...but struggling to trust
Fearful of what's to come...
like a child in the night on a fold-up roll away bed
whose closet curtains move too much
when there is no window open.

I know
I know
I know

Like the shore that I know is there,
the knowledge too has been eroding...slowly
Like the fog that my eye sight cannot penetrate,
my soul sight struggles to perceive.

Going Home: Image as spiritual pathway?

The Fog rolls in...

Not all who wander are lost (but some not lost do wander)

1 comment:

Brandon J. Brown said...

Fog is frustrating...

...But being alone in fog is frightening.

I don't mind it so much when I am with someone else in it...